H&H Electric is seeking an Assistant Automation Technician. This position will work closely with a remotely located Automation Manager to be the on-site maintenance technician in order to configure and maintain field equipment to meet business objectives.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for performing several tasks related to oil & gas automation.
Candidates perform troubleshooting tasks, equipment calibrations, troubleshooting, repairs, tank measurements, H20 measurements, radio installations, antenna adjustments, and other communication duties. Technicians must be customer-oriented and maintain excellent relationships and service to existing customers. Candidates need to be able to work alone, be reliable, hard-working, and be adaptable to different working environments, including extreme weather environments. An understanding of ladder logic and Function Block Diagram programming is a plus. A demonstrated desire and ability to learn complex tasks is an absolute requirement.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing all duties of this position with a focus on safety, environmental protection and regulatory compliance
- Perform configurations and be able to troubleshoot instrumentation to include the following: flow, pressure, temperature, and level instruments.
- Have solid knowledge of electrical theory and controls for low voltage systems.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems related to control systems rated at 120 VAC and less.
- Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations.
- Evaluate piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), control panel and junction box diagrams, process flow diagrams and electrical one-lines.
- Maintaining current and accurate documentation of maintenance activities
- Maintaining technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports
- Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative and predictive maintenance
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Must be able to be on 24-hour call and able to respond within 30 minutes of call out.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Able to speak, write, and read the English language.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, FR clothing).
- Must be a team player and willing to work with others.
- Excellent observational and communication skills are essential in this position
- The successful candidate will show a demonstrated desire and ability to learn complex tasks
- Candidate will hold a Valid driver’s license with no restrictions
Candidate will not have any restrictions on his ability to obtain a passport and travel.
Job Type: Full-time